Cancun is recognized worldwide for its spectacular beaches of fine white sand, its fascinating turquoise blue sea and unparalleled weather, as well as excellent air and land connectivity, and a first-class hotel infrastructure that places it as one of the best tourist destinations in the world.
This destination has 9 Platinum beaches, 10 Blue Flag beaches and 31 Sustainable Tourism boats.
• Certification granted by the Mexican Institute for Standardization and Certification (IMNC) under the NMX-120 norm in two beaches: Las Perlas and Delfines.
• Platinum Beaches: 7 beaches which the municipality is responsible for (Del Niño, Las Perlas, Chacmool, Marlin, Ballenas, Delfines and Coral) and 2 that belong to the hotel zone (Occidental Hotel Tucancun and Hotel Golden Parnassus)
• 41 badges awarded for the 2022-2023 season. Ten awards for the 2022-2023 season, with 7 beaches the municipality is in charge of: Las Perlas, Chacmool, Marlin, Ballenas, Delfines, Coral and Del Niño and 3 flags from the private initiative in: Fiesta Americana Condesa Hotel, Live Aqua Hotel, and Iberostar Hotel.
• 31 Sustainable Tourism boats, being the first national place in sites with this distinction and the first place internationally in boats with said recognition.
• Green Flags: 6 green flags raised in the municipality together with: Colegio Alexandre, Kindergarten Usijil Kiin, Colegio Creativos, Conalep 2, Conalep 3, and King David School, which participated in the Eco-Schools.